1 Week Prior Installation
- Painting – all painting should be completed and cured to reduce damage during installation.
- Skirting boards – should be painted to the subfloor to prevent exposure when flooring is replaced.
- Door clearances – check if doors must be cut or planed to clear new flooring height.
- Wiring and pipes – please advise where wiring, gas and water pipes are located to avoid damage during installation. All wiring must be laid according to the Australian Safety Standards by a qualified technician.
- Underfloor heating – advise us if you have underfloor heating to ensure correct underlay is used.
1 Day Prior Installation
- Access – arrange parking, access and lifts for day of installation
- Subfloors – ensure all debris is removed and subfloor is vacuumed ready for installation.
- Existing Carpet – existing carpet must be vacuumed prior to take up and removal by our installers.
- Organise for professional movers to move Grand Pianos and Billiard Tables
- Furniture – areas must be cleared of furniture unless previously arranged to be moved by our installers.
- All furniture must be emptied of all contents.
- Beds must be stripped if they require removing from the room.
- Remove all breakables, antiques and valuables from installation areas.
- Disconnect all electrical devices (e.g. TV, stereo system, computers etc).
- You will need to direct our installers when returning furniture.
- Our installers are not responsible to move furniture up or down stairs.
- Electricity – needs to be available on site.
- Parking & Access – close parking is necessary in addition to safe entry to carry materials.
- Clear Areas – installation area must be clear of other tradesmen, children and animals to ensure everyone’s safety.
- Fire & Security Alarms – smoke detectors must be isolated
- Underfloor heating – ensure heating is disconnected and reconnected after installation by a qualified electrician.